Willkommen! Einloggen Ein neues Profil erzeugen

erweitert

HC EVO vs HC NEO

geschrieben von Leonidas 
HC EVO vs HC NEO
12.06.2018 10:51:28
Hello to the whole HC community, and apologies for not writing in German smiling smiley

I am considering in getting an HC for sailing in sea coastal waters in Greece mainly, and I am trying to decide on which model (NEO or EVO).

The technical differences such as weight etc. are known, but it would be good to know actual user experiences. For example it is evident
from user accounts that EVO is very seaworthy, but what about NEO?

Any experiences and information on the comparison of the two models will be greatly appreciated!

thank you

Leonidas
Re: HC EVO vs HC NEO
16.06.2018 18:15:27
Hi Leonidas,
the best Would be to Test both Boats.
Next weekend at the Traunsee in Austria for example.
The Neo is smaller and Lots of Fun if
you go sailing mainly alone.
In Case of a capsize it's easy to righten up again even for One Person.
If Your are often Two or more persons on Board Take the evo or even Hurricane.
I myself have the neo and i'm normally on my own so it was the best Choice for me.
After testing all Boats I Would go for the Hurricane but only in Case of normally Two or more Persons on Board or Grab weight or alot of luggage.
The Neo is Fun for One... even in heavy wind
Have Fun to find the best Boat for Your purpose
17.06.2018 20:30:24
thank you for your response, it does help me.

Unfortunately I cannot test the boats since I live in Greece. It would be the best thing to do.

I will be sailing mostly alone, but I also plan to do some easy sailing/cruising with two small children (6 and 8 years old) to get them
into sailing. Some short distance sailing camping trips also, all in coastal waters and in the summer. And probably a small motor on it
for the cruising trips.

I was mainly worried about how the NEO behaves in winds 4-5 beaufort which we do have here in Greece, and also waves which tend to be bigger
than in lakes.

thank you again, and enjoy sailing!
28.06.2018 20:20:22
Hi Leonidas!

To my opinion on sea / ocean conditions I would prefer the larger on, the EVO. In case of more wind you can also choose a smaller stormsail, which is not possible on the NEO. For the NEO the wind is very quickly too strong, especially if you are alone while sailing.
fair winds, Michael
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um sich einzuloggen